The training course project “Ambassadors 4 YOUTH“, organised by Inštitut za mladinsko politiko (Slovenia) and Institute for Policy Research and Analysis (Lithuania), funded by the “Erasmus +” programme, will bring 25 participants from Slovenia, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia and Turkey for a 5-day training course on local youth participation and policy development, and ways strengthen the role of youth representatives structures to Maribor, Slovenia, September 23-27, 2018 (+2 travel days).
The project will gather various target groups: municipal youth specialists, youth workers, youth representatives aiming to assure better cross-sectorial cooperation and create peer support groups at the local level to achieve bigger impact to local policies directed at youth.
Organisers with this project aim to:
- provide youth workers and NGOs the skills and knowledge to actively engage in decision-making processes at the national and local level,
- increase knowledge/understanding of youth NGOs with regards to national/European laws and policies concerning youth,
- to launch Advocacy actions implemented and run by youth NGOs locally,
- increase awareness among general public on relevant youth issues, especially with regards to youth participation and
- increase communication between public authorities and youth NGOs with regards to relevant youth policies.
The project will support learners in the acquisition of competencies on advocacy, democracy, participation, communication which will support them in the promotion of change on personal, local and regional levels.
If you are someone from the target group and see yourself within these aims (and also have some time to participate in the training course in Maribor), then don´ t hesitate – apply as soon as possible and be the part of “Ambassadors4YOUTH”. There is no participation fee and travel costs will be reimbursed according Erasmus+ rules.
Application form available here.
See more here.
EC Project Number: 2018-2-SI02-KA105-014736